Friday, June 5, 2009

XA.

I remember a few weeks ago when I kept counting down the last days we had in X-A with Nisa (whom I call as Ajeng, her childhood nickname). It was always "Jeng, 10 hari lagi Jeng!" and so on. Well, why is it that we (or I, probably) make such a big deal out of this little more time we had left as an X-A class resident?

When I first got into this class, I felt so dull and honestly, I wasn't so much in favor of the classmates I was going to spend my first year in high school with. And the fact that we're all still separated in groups makes it all the worse.

As time goes by, we slowly started to get to know each other better and started to join groups. But still, even though we started to get along with each other better, there's still one thing I felt missing at that time; a bond between us.

That was until we had our first official class trip (the first one was a visit to Bu Novi's house to see her newborn baby) to Dufan. At first, I felt skeptical about the togetherness between us on this trip. I thought we were going to split up in groups and wander around Dufan separately. But what happened actually? We stuck together and we had fun together. Besides the fun from getting on the rides, what I really felt was a bond between us, something I thought was not there before.

One highlight of this trip was when some of us got on the Kora-kora ride. I actually didn't join them ride and just watched them from the outside of the ride instead. Two of our friends, Riva and Zico got sick after riding Kora-kora. And what happened was we actually really cared for one another, we were worried about them. We tried to find them a warm cup of tea to ease the nausea and we also comforted them. I was kind of surprised, because I felt that we were getting closer to each other, something which honestly I haven't really seen before in class. After Kora-kora, we went to the Bianglala ride as the final ride for the trip. Actually, Obata and I was planning to get off from Dufan early and ride a taxi to Senayan City and get picked up there because at first we couldn't go home too late. But then one of the guys told us not to go back early, especially because we had to ride a taxi and it's not safe for both of us girls. So then we stayed and got back to school together. We were splitted up to two cars, Riva's and Maped's. I was in Riva's car and there, we talked about a lot of things until we finally reached school. I then went to my car that's already been waiting for a while and said goodbye and thank you for this amazing day to the rest of my friends.

I just felt us getting closer post-Dufan. The girls and the boys connected better and started to mingle with each other in class more often.

And so, after we passed by some days, our last day of studying together that Nisa and I kept talking about has finally come. It was rather an ordinary day, and I somewhat felt a kind of bored on the final lesson which was Biology. But when the bell rang, which ended the school day, I just realized that means our final day is over. I started to cry, and some of my friends also did. What made me really sad was the fact that we may not be classmates again in year 11. I thought about the stuff I would miss if I'm not in the same class as my XA classmates.

Well, at first, I didn't have any of the slightest idea that this once so dull and a deadbeat of a class would turn out into such a wonderful and lovely one I wouldn't ever want to leave behind. I kept on imagining in the new academic year, when the bell rang to commence the school day that I'll no longer see the same faces I've been seeing on first period when I step into the classroom for the past one year. Instead, I will be bumping into them in the hallways and corridors, probably chit-chatting for a while and then part ways to our different new classes. Will it still be the same though? I'm so going to miss all the freakish things I did with my XA classmates.

Inamgo, Tokyo Drift, Silang Ombak moves with Ai.

Kewel kewel and speaking in childish voices with Dede Eput and also her sun clip-art photobox picture :D

Sisters talk, Buddha Squat, Black Maya Garden with Obata.

Eagle sentripetal talk with Ditya, Elza, Obata, Isthi.

Singapore holiday and crocs talk with Indy Xenxi.

Ajeng-ajengan, BG cam and Oallaaa with Nisa of course.

**les talk and moves with Isthi (wink wink).

BG-ing and trio sepatu and kewel kewel pompa move with Riva.

Icha Jelly's high pitched laughter, gee double u ;), AAH and enemies (tee hee).

Skipping Dzuhur prayer (ehmm) and sleeping at the back of the class.

Singing and playing Kuburan band's song Lupa Lupa Ingat on our last Music session.

The conference on MSN that we had the night before our second trip to the bowling alley and Kemang where we talked and spilled the beans about our crushes and provoked gossips and talk about whatever there is to talk about. And when the chat that lasted until 12.30 AM with Nisa, Abi and me left on the conversation.

And just everything else taking place this past amazing year that I cannot recite one by one here.

Do you remember? And will you still remember when we see each other next year? Can we still do all these?




X-A 2008-2009
17 July 2008 - 5 June 2009
Thank you so much for this amazing year. I knew there is just no way I would've asked for anything else but you guys to spend my freshman year in high school with. Don't forget all of our memories and I'll see you on our class reflection :')

No comments:

Post a Comment